Want to be a part of the SendCutSend team? Here are the current positions we're looking to fill:
July 2019: Estimator / Customer Support
Compensation based on experience, increases based on performance
Full Time, Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm. Ability to work (telecommute/remote) occasional evenings and weekends preferred.
Located in South Reno.
This position is for a person who wants to be part of a growing, high-tech manufacturing company. Our Estimator / Customer Support candidate will need to be ready to do a variety of tasks, including estimating laser-cut sheet metal manufacturing, sourcing materials, quote follow-up, and online customer support.
Candidates will be responsible for determining the cost of materials, labor, outside services, shipping and submit a cost estimate to the customer, quickly.
- Determine project manufacturing costs using in-house software and systems
- Estimate material and labor necessary to produce customers request for quote in a time-efficient manner, using knowledge of company operations
- Work with Purchasing and/or interact directly with vendors to obtain material quotes
- Ensure all processes are accurate
- Ensure customer requirements are successfully met
- Ensure estimate accuracy, taking into account all costs of production (material, labor, machine burdens, post-processing, shipping, etc) to facilitate profitability
- Successfully interact with customers throughout the quote process.
- Assist with online customer support requests
- Minimum (1) year experience in a fabrication, sheet metal or contract manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze drawings, CAD files and proposals to prepare cost and labor estimates
- Strong computer skills including basic understanding of CAD software such as Solidworks, Fusion360, and Adobe Illustrator. Additional proprietary software training is available on the job.
- Solid understanding of machining and fabricating
- Excellent interpersonal communication and listening ability.
- Must be able to work in both an office and shop environment.
- Highly motivated, results oriented, driven.
- Punctuality – must have the ability to arrive to work on time
- Ability to write and communicate in English
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Some sheet metal or fabrication experience
- High School Diploma
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn
Compensation is DOE, and qualified employees receive paid vacation/sick time, paid major holidays and health insurance benefits.
How to Apply
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a couple paragraphs about why you would be a great part of our team, and be sure to mention any related experience. Please include a resume and a couple references as well.
We're bringing industrial-scale precision manufacturing technology to hobbyists, makers, students, fabricators and engineers.
With SendCutSend, you simply upload your AI, DXF, or DWG file and select your material. We'll send your finished parts right to your door.
Our service has been designed from the ground up to help everyone who needs precision parts, fast, without paying a fortune. We have automated the entire process from ordering to delivery, keeping efficiencies up and prices down.
My file meets the requirements for laser-cutting
- File is 2D vector format; 1:1 scale
- NO empty objects or stray points
- All text has been converted to paths
- All reversed text has bridges
- All shapes have been combined
- NO shapes that contain open countours
- All objects are on the same layer
- NO feature or detail is smaller than 0.01"
- NO cutouts are less than 1.5x material thickness
Thank you for your patience. If you’re in a hurry, you can skip upload and request a custom quote from us directly.REQUEST CUSTOM QUOTE