Configuring bends for your STEP or STP file is easy after you upload your part design to SendCutSend’s website. Just make sure to check the bend definitions for accuracy and save them before adding parts to your cart!
If there is trouble uploading your STEP/STP files successfully, please see Why won’t my STEP or STP file upload?
Configuring Bends for STEP/STP File Parts
1. Upload your STEP/STP file to SendCutSend’s website, confirm your design’s units (inches or millimeters) and choose a material that is eligible for bending services. Please see our Bending and Forming Design Guidelines if needed.
2. After you select a material, your flanges may automatically preview as bent using definitions you saved when designing your part. We recommend expanding the Bend dropdown to double check and confirm that all definitions are correct.
Once you have confirmed the angle and direction for all definitions, click Done. Then click Next!
4. You’ll then see that bending services have been added, so the definitions have been configured and saved for your parts.
5. If everything looks good, click Add To Cart!
6. You’ll see that bending services are included for your parts. You can review and revise your service configurations for parts anytime before checking out by clicking Bending on the line item.
If there’s trouble configuring bends for your STEP/STP file parts after reviewing this guide, please contact our Support team. We’ll be happy to help!
Upload your part, choose a material that is eligible for bending services, check that the bending definitions are correct, save your definitions, and add the parts to your cart. You should see that bending services have been added for the line item. It’s easy to review and revise service definitions for line items anytime before checking out!