Our pre-flight checklist for file setup applies to all our services. Make sure all your part files fit within these guidelines before you send them to us, and we’ll be able to get your parts to you faster and easier. Don’t forget to read up on all our services guidelines as well to make your ordering process even better!
- File is a two-dimensional vector format file
- File is built at a 1:1 scale in either inch units or millimeters
- All holes and cutouts are at least 50% material thickness for laser cut parts
- All holes and cutouts are no less than 0.070” for most waterjet cut parts
- All holes and cutouts are no less than 0.125” for all CNC routed parts
- Please reference these charts to see material minimum and maximum sizes for cutting and processing
- Please check the material info pages to find all critical specifications for your desired material, stock thickness, and applied services
- All objects are on the same layer
- All stray points, duplicate lines, empty objects and text areas have been removed
- No shapes have open contours
- All shapes have been united, combined or merged
- All text has been converted to outlines or paths
- Cut-out text (reversed text) has bridges or has been stencilized
For more guidance on preparing successful designs, check out 10 Common Reasons Your File Is Failing SendCutSend Preflight.
After exporting your file, upload it to our website and take a look at the part preview to confirm the overall dimensions are correct!