Having trouble uploading a STEP or STP format file to SendCutSend’s website? There are a few reasons why that might be happening!
For a STEP or STP file upload to be successful, it must meet these criteria:
Single, Solid Sheet Metal Body (No Assemblies)
- we need your STEP/STP file to contain a single, solid sheet metal body
- we cannot accept files with multiple bodies stitched together / assemblies
Part Without Dimensional Features
- we need your STEP/STP file to contain a part without dimensional features
- we cannot accept a body with a non-uniform thickness
- we only provide 2D through-cutting in flat sheet materials at this time
- fillets, chamfers, countersinks, counterbores, or other 3D features will prevent uploading
Sheet Metal Body Using Correct Material Thickness
- the part in your STEP/STP file must be a “sheet metal” body – not an extruded flat pattern
Sheet Metal Body Using SendCutSend Specifications for Bending
- designs with bending/forming services must have SendCutSend’s specifications applied
Revise your file to meet these requirements and our design guidelines, then try uploading again.
If your file still does not upload successfully, please contact our Support team. Let them know which program you’re using to design your part and attach your file so they can take a look!
Your file may not be uploading to SendCutSend’s website successfully if it includes an assembly, a body with a non-uniform thickness, or an extruded flat pattern rather than a sheet metal body.