If you want to know how to get a quote, fantastic! Read on to learn the difference between instant quoting and custom quoting parts with SendCutSend.
When you instant-quote a part, this means you upload your 2D vector file (DXF, DWG, EPS, or AI format) or 3D file (STEP or STP format) to our website and get instant material and service pricing. From there you’re able to add parts to your shopping cart and check out.
We highly recommend creating a free SendCutSend account for step-by-step tracking, 1-click reordering, and more!
If you upload your part file to our website and the overall part size exceeds the maximum size for instant quoting in that material, you’ll be prompted to submit a custom quote.
After you submit the custom quote, our support team will review your file. If your design meets our guidelines, they will send you a link you can follow to add the parts to your cart and checkout from there.
If your file does not meet our guidelines, our team will respond and advise how to update your design so that we can produce it.
You can also submit a custom quote by clicking Request Custom Quote under Resources in the Parts tab.
Benefits of instant-quoting when possible
- Instant quoting is the fastest way to get your parts into production.
- Instant-quoted parts can be reordered with one click if you set up a free SendCutSend account.
- Custom quoted parts must be reviewed and re-quoted by the support team each time you need to order those parts.
- Material Minimum & Maximum Part Sizes for Cutting
- Material Minimum & Maximum Part Sizes for Processing
- Design Guidelines
- File Setup Checklist
- Troubleshooting Quoting Issues
- Troubleshooting File Upload Issues
If you upload your part file to our website and the overall part size exceeds the maximum size for instant quoting in that material, you’ll be prompted to submit a custom quote, it’s that easy!