Traditional fabricators need technical drawings with callouts to produce parts and apply services. At SendCutSend we do things differently. Why? We believe makers of any skill level or educational background should be able to make cool stuff with us.
Simplicity through transparency
We cut your parts exactly as they are designed in your 3D file (STEP or STP format) or 2D vector file (DXF, DWG, EPS, or AI format) within our tolerances. We provide detailed information in our guidelines and FAQs explaining why your final, finished part might deviate from the design on paper.
- Tolerances & Standards FAQs – common questions about cut tolerance, material tolerance, bending tolerance, and kerf compensation.
- CNC Machining and Waterjet Cutting Design Guidelines – since the cut paths for these processes are substantially wider than a laser beam, our guidelines explain what to expect in routed or waterjet cut materials.
- Bending Specifications – the effective bend radius for each material and thickness is fixed and cannot be changed upon request.
- Tapping, Countersinking, and Hardware Installation Design Guidelines – when you add hole operation services to your part, we automatically resize the hole selected to match the tap, countersink, or hardware size you choose. See the thread/tap hole size chart, countersink size charts, or hardware catalog to confirm the hole size for each operation size.
- Material Library – find material details, properties, and design specifications for each material thickness on the material info pages.
With intuitive part configuration, you don’t need callouts
Upload your file, choose a material, and start adding eligible services. It’s that easy!
When you place your order, we’ll be able to see the definitions you specified for each part and service. This allows us to produce your parts accordingly – no callouts required.
Optional File Attachment
If you’d like to attach a technical drawing to your line item, you’re welcome to do so. Just click Add attachment under the line item and attach the file. However, please note: attachments will not be used to evaluate your design for manufacturability or produce your parts. Please ensure all part configurations are accurate.
At SendCutSend we don’t need technical drawings with callouts thanks to our transparent guidelines and intuitive part configuration. Service definitions applied while building a cart remove the need for traditional CAD drawings. If you attach files to line items before checkout, we will not use them to evaluate your design for manufacturability.