Laser-cut 4130 Chromoly
Laser-cut 4130 Chromoly
Starting from $29
Are you looking for some tough custom gears? Maybe an automotive engine mount for your garage project? Or, do you need structural supports for a biplane frame? Well, you’ve just found them all and then some.
4130 Chromoly is a low carbon alloy steel (Chromium and Molybdenum) that excels in structural applications and welding, along with many other high-stress projects.
And it’s here at SendCutSend to help you get things done.
4130 Steel and your next project
If what you’re making needs to withstand extreme pressures and temperatures over time, Chromoly might be the metal for you. The reason for this is in one of its key properties: Creep Strength.
This basically means that when you use this material in high-stress applications, you can be sure that it will stay in place and hold its shape for longer. Hence why it’s used in bicycle frames, roll cages, and airplane structures all over the world.
But say you’re looking at something a little smaller, like a gear or cog. 4130 Chromoly’s excellent heat treatability and machinability make it an ideal fit for strong, tiny parts.
Show us your design and we’ll make sure you find the right fit!
Need something custom? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
|.050||.050 +/- .0005||1.27||Laser|
|.063||.063 +/- .005||16||1.6||Laser|
|.125||.126 +/- .005||11||3.2||Laser|
|.190||.188 +/- .005||na||4.8||Laser|
|.250||.250 +/- .005||na||6.3||Laser|
- Engine mounts
- Aerospace structural
- Resistance welding projects
- Bicycle parts
Does it bend?
Can I tap it?
Can this be deburred?
How big can I make a part in this?
36” x 144”
Does Chromoly rust?
It can, but Chromoly is corrosion resistant and tends to rust only at the surface level. With appropriate preparation and maintenance, Chromoly will avoid rusting indefinitely.
Technical Information on Laser Cut 4130 Chromoly
Type 4130 steel is an exceptionally tough metal vital to manufacturing, welding, cutting, and other high-stress applications in industry. 4130 has great heat treatment characteristics that impart high toughness. Durability, combined with great workability and machinability, allow 4130 steel to be widely useful. Common applications include automotive, bicycle, and heavy equipment parts, the oil and gas industry, metal production and forming equipment, and more.
- This steel is usually heat-treated at temperatures ranging from 899 to 927°C (1650 to 1700°F).
- Forging of AISI 4130 steel can be performed at 954 to 1204°C (1750 to 2200°F).
- Hot-working of AISI 4130 steel can be done at 816 to 1093°C (1500 to 2000°F).
- AISI 4130 steel can be cold worked using conventional methods.
- AISI 4130 steel can be annealed at 843°C (1550°F) followed by air cooling at 482°C (900°F).
- Tempering of AISI 4130 steel can be performed at 399 to 566°C (750 to 1050°F), depending on the desired strength level.
- Hardening of AISI 4130 steel can be done with cold working or heat treatment.